As the Weinberg Center is a city-owned venue, please visit the city’s website for a detailed posting of any vacancies.
Internships in Arts Marketing & Development:
“Interning at the Weinberg Center is a priceless and rewarding experience. The knowledge and experience I have gained has made me confident moving on to a full-time job. The Weinberg is truly the gem of Frederick and I’m honored I got to work with and learn from the people who make it shine.” -Bonnie Monnier
“I am so grateful for my time at the Weinberg. I learned a great deal about marketing and development in a way that would have been difficult to grasp through coursework alone. The concepts I learned will be useful tools as I continue to strive towards my personal career goals.” -Valerie Blaemire
“Interning at the Weinberg is a great introduction to the wider world of theater. It’s a safe space to become familiar with the processes or to become more fluent in them.” -Savannah Taylor
“Interning at the Weinberg not only allowed me to utilize the skills I had learned through coursework in a practical way, but it enhanced and tightened my abilities. Everyone at the Weinberg is incredibly helpful and kind. It felt great to know that I contributed to this wonderful theater!” -Rosalyn Smaldone
FALL 2017 APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1
TIME COMMITMENT: 10 hours/week or more (flexible scheduling)
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: Late August/early September through early December
ABOUT: We aim to provide college students with valuable mentorship and hands-on experience, bridging the gap between the classroom and the workplace. Interns play an integral part in the inner workings of the Weinberg, supporting the administrative staff in their daily activities. Interns will gain insight into the world of nonprofit arts administration, and will build practical skills that are broadly applicable to business, marketing, and communications as a whole. Please note that we do not offer internships backstage or in the technical department.
BENEFITS: This is an unpaid internship. However, all interns will receive access to complimentary tickets to attend Weinberg shows, based on availability. Students are encouraged to check with their college about using the internship for academic credit.
- Support the Manager of Marketing in event promotion:
- Create and maintain website and social media content
- Assist in planning and creation of email marketing initiatives
- Write and edit press releases
- Assist in designing promotional posters, flyers, and graphics
- Manage ongoing group sales efforts, ticket sales tracking, event listings, and various PR projects
- Support the Manager of Development in fundraising efforts:
- Assist in the printing and coordination of regular mailings
- Follow up with and thank donors via phone
- Assist in grant research and/or writing
- Assist with event management/hosting for occasional pre-show parties (as intern is available)
- Occasional manual labor such as lifting, pulling, pushing, etc
- Additional research and administrative support as requested by supervisors
- Exemplary college student with field of study in one of the following: Communications, journalism, English, theater, dance, music, graphic design, marketing, business, or arts administration. Comparable experience will be considered.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter, capable of working in a team or individually
- Some graphic design background is strongly encouraged
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
TO APPLY: Submit résumé and a cover letter along with writing and/or design samples to Ashley Birdsell Lewis, Manager of Marketing at email@example.com. In the subject line, please use the following format: Intern Application – YOUR NAME – Fall 2017. Writing/design samples may be class assignments.