As the Weinberg is a city-owned theater, please visit the city’s website – http://www.cityoffrederick.com/jobs.aspx – for a detailed posting of any vacancies. Thank you.
INTERNSHIP IN COMMUNICATIONS (Marketing and Development)
This is an unpaid internship. However, all interns will receive access to complimentary tickets to attend Weinberg shows. Students are encouraged to check with their college about using the internship for academic credit.
Application Deadlines: Summer: April 1 Fall: July 1 Spring: December 1 Interviews will be scheduled for the two weeks following the application deadlines posted above. Supervisor: Manager of Marketing Hours: At least 10 hours/week. Flexible scheduling around classes. Starting dates: Internships are accepted every semester. Start dates coincide with the start of classes.
- Summer: May through August
- Fall: August/September (depending on semester start dates) through December
- Spring: January through May
- Assist the Manager of Marketing with event promotion
- Update and maintain web and social media content
- Write press releases as needed
- Design promotional posters
- Manage ongoing projects
- Research and Clerical support as needed
- Assist the Manager of Development with printing and coordination of regular mailings
- Assist with event management/hosting for occasional pre-show parties (as student is available)
- Occasional manual labor such as lifting, pulling, pushing, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Self-motivated, self-learner
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Field of study in one of the following concentrations: Communication, Journalism, Writing, English, Theater, Dance, Music, Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Marketing, Business or a related field.
- Detail oriented, works well in a fast-paced environment
- Some graphic design background is strongly encouraged. Knowledge of Adobe InDesign is preferable.
Basic Qualifications: Applicant should be an exemplary student, demonstrate initiative and tenacity, have strong social and interpersonal skills; be able to work in a team setting; demonstrate excellent organizational skills; have excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; and should be quick to learn new software programs as needed.
Application: Submit résumé and a cover letter along with writing and/or design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Writing/design samples may be class assignments.